Penne with White Beans and Baby Spinachby:Lindsay, April 15th, 2012
For dinner tonight, a quick easy vegetarian pasta dish.
Yield 4 Servings
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 2 Cans Cannellini Beans (or Great Northern White)
- 10 Ounces Baby Spinach
- 2 Cups Canned Whole Tomatoes, pureed
- 1 Tablespoon Parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Ounce Locatelli Cheese (you can substitute Parmesan)
- About 3/4 Pound Penne Pasta, cooked
Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the oil. Add the onion and garlic, stir so that the garlic does not get brown. Cook for a few minutes until the onions begin to soften and the mixture is very aromatic. Add beans with a little bit of the liquid from the can. Add the spinach. Cook the mixture together, simmering for 5 minutes to wilt the spinach and reduce the liquid. Add the tomato, parsley, salt and red pepper. Cook the mixture, simmering, for 10 minutes. Add the cooked pasta and the cheese, stir together and let cook for 2 more minutes. Season additionally to taste with salt and pepper if needed. Serve with a little grated cheese on top.